The weather is warming, the first day of spring is approaching. Whether your space is big or small, creating a summer retreat away from the hustle and bustle of life will make you appreciate the great outdoors more than ever before. One of the many construction services Texas include landscape design and planning to make your backyard ready for barbecues and parties.
Ways To Make Your Oasis
No more lawn chairs or picnic tables, no more plain concrete pads or tables with umbrellas growing out of them. There is so much more to backyard landscapes than ever before. A landscape construction firm can help you fabricate a relaxing and enjoying space that will last way past the summer temperatures. Some ideas include:
- Extend your patio – Many people have a small 10 x 10 concrete patio. This is too small to do much with particularly if you plan on entertaining. One of the best ways to improve your patio is to extend it out another 5-10 feet. Another option could be to have pavers installed. Pavers are a great way to create texture and design on your back patio.
- Pergola or screened in porch – One important aspect of making your backyard oasis is creating shade. A wood pergola covered in climbing vines will help to protect you and your family from the sun. If you also need a place to find reprieve from bugs, a screened in porch might be the right direction for you.
- Arbors – An arbor is usually freestanding and can be used as an entryway to a garden area.
- Water features – The sound of trickling water is refreshing and calming. Adding a water feature to your garden or patio area will isolate a quiet area where guests can rest and think.
- Stone or paver pathway – A stone or paver pathway leading to the garden area is easily achieved. Stones or pavers also keep friends and family from stepping on plants or flowers.
- Fire pit – For those cold evenings, a fire pit on the back patio will not only keep you warm but also create ambience.
- Fencing – Traditional fence panels are not all that lovely. However, there are many decorative fencing options that will accent and surround your yard with beauty.
- Patio furniture – There are many choices for patio furniture that are unique. If you are handy, making your own furniture from wood pallets can add charm to your backyard haven.